Have you had those moments where you’re in a total rush, look like a hot mess, have a hot date and struggling to get your makeup on point ASAP?!!
Yes crazy indeed, but here is a trick that you’d want to know!
In this article, you’ll learn the magic behind the TMSE : Two Minute Smokey Eye! So get your timer started, ready, set, GO!
1. Use a Pencil brush. This is a small sized, rounded tip brush that is best used when working with intense pigments close to the lash line.
2. Look upwards and apply a dark matte eyeshadow under the eyes. Be sure to keep close to the lash line and only apply on 1/3 of the eye
3. Repeat the same step on the top lash line
4. Sweep back and forth to fill in the outside corner of eye
5. Use a Medium sized rounded tip brush. This is easy to dab eyeshadow on eyelid.
Tip: Use the flat side of the brush to dab. Rounded tips help to move with the eye contour
6. Apply highly pigmented metallic grey eyeshadow to the middle of the upper lid underneath the brow bone and dab it inwards towards the bridge of the nose
7. Using a smaller brush, take a light eye shadow (preferable matte) and brighten the brow bone. Start from the end of the eyebrow to the inner corner and have it concentrated closer to the eye brows
Tip: To create a lighter look on the inner corner of your eye without using too many different products, apply the dabbing technique. Apply more pressure when dabbing on the centre of the eye and less pressure on the inner corner and this will create a gradient of colour (light to dark from inner eye to outer corner)
Be sure to avoid using square brushes as this will give you hard unblendable edges! ALSO, avoid using eye cream when applying eye shadow. This is because eyelids are very oily and the cream will cause the shadow to look creased and uneven.
Congratulations, you’ve completed the smokey eye look in 2 minutes!
Extra info to top off the look!
Mascara Tip: Sweep one coat of black mascara on upper lashes and lower lashes & define brows with a brown eyebrow pencil
Lipstick Tip: Smokey eyes look better with nude lips (Use a natural rose cream lip colour as it is better to go natural in order to keep attention on the eyes)
Wondering what shades to use for the smokey eye that would best accentuate and intensify your eye colour:
Brown eyes: teal, green, blue, navy and black, bronze
Blue eyes: orange, gold, metallic, deep metallic brown, copper,
Green eyes : most pinks and purples
Hazel (green + brown) : burgundy
Products: Used AnaV Beauty Eye Shadow